- May 30, 2018 -
Concrete Pumping Safety
The first step toward ensuring safety during concrete pumping operations is to have the crew go through safety training programs that will make them aware of all the potential pitfalls of the business, and what must be done to avoid them. This will give all crew members the necessary safety baseline upon which real-world scenarios can be framed – a training program may not cover everything, and things will probably be different on the actual job site, but safety will still become embedded in the thought processes of your team members.
Planning ahead is a critical step toward safe placement of the concrete pump. Any site chosen should be free of debris, and as level as possible. Ideally there should be room for two trucks to discharge concrete simultaneously, and the ground that they must drive over should be solid enough to accommodate their combined weight. Power lines need to be taken into account, and if the boom from a concrete truck will be within 20 feet or so of a power line, there must be a crewman on hand at all times to guide the boom.
According to American Concrete Pavement Association (ACPA) guidelines, concrete pump outriggers should be placed at least one foot away from a cut for each foot of vertical excavation. This is the ‘one-to-one’ rule, meaning that an eight foot deep vertical cut requires the pump’s outriggers to be eight feet away, which thus establishes 45 degrees of soil from the outrigger to the toe of the cut. In softer or looser soil conditions, greater distance should be used.
- Concrete Pump Truck
- Concrete Pump Truck Operating Syste...
- Best In The World
- Concrete Pump Record History
- Concrete Pump Maintenance Methods
- Pipeline Pump
- Pipeline Pump Use Caution
- Pipeline Pump Parts Analysis
- Pipeline Pump Installation Method
- Pipeline Pump Development Trend
- KCP Concrete Pump In Mexico
- Detection Of Concrete Pump Hydrauli...
- KCP 37 Meter Concrete Pump Working ...
- The Working Principle Of Concrete Pump
- 36m Placing Boom &stationery Pump I...
- Attributes Of Using Small Concrete ...
- KCP 48m Concrete Pump In South Afri...
- How To Do A Qualified Concrete Pump...
- KCP Concrete Pump In USA
- KCP 65m Concrete Pump In Working Site